July 15, 2012

Welcome To My Blog!

Almost 5 years ago, I purchased a 1918 Craftsman Airplane Bungalow in the heart of downtown Oldsmar, Florida. It is one of only six houses first ever built by R.E. Olds Farms Company that is still standing today. R.E. Olds Farms Company was developed by Ransom Eli Olds, the inventor of the Oldsmobile and REO Town Car. Purchasing this house changed my life forever. Not only did it teach me patience and acceptance, it ignited a passion within me for community development and historical preservation. For the past nine months I have been working on creating a nomination for a historic district within the city of Oldsmar. I decided what better way to share this process with my friends, family and followers than by creating my own blog. As I continue on this path to preservation I will share my discoveries along the way with you. I named my blog The Oldsmar Renaissance because a renaissance is in essence a revitalization, which is what I hope to do for the beautiful and historical city of Oldsmar. Enjoy!

6 comments:

  1. Excellent job. Looking forward to reading your progress on this special project. Jeri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gabby, I knew you from Tech Data. I currently live in Oldsmar off of Tampa road. I love the community and all of the potential that it has waiting for someone like yourself. Good luck with everything that you do and can't wait to read more about this renaissance that is the revitalization of Oldsmar!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Gabby,
    I just found your name/blog on Linked in through similar contacts with Mr. Custin, the Oldsmar UpperT. Bay Chamber of Commerce Presidents Facebook site. I also graduated from UT, and live in Oldsmar, thought i would write you a quick post to say hello, and Maybe will see you at the Gala feb 13th 2014? My husband and i have restored a bunch of homes, but the best one we ever did was a 1940's, we won a mayors award for it in Safety Harbor. I can help you with grant writing etc. anyway, just wanted to say hi.
    susan smereczynsky

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, you can check out our websites:
    www.FloridaChoiceHomes.com
    www.PalmHarborHomeSearch.com
    and soon to launch: www.OldsmarHomeSearch.com
    if you have time,
    Take care!

    ReplyDelete